Piano and Organ
Skinner Pipe Organ (1929)
Ss Peter and Paul is home to one of the finest works of art in the area- an original Skinner Pipe Organ. Installed in 1929 and crafted by E.M. Skinner, who famously designed organ at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine (Manhattan, 1906),and Carnegie Music Hall (Pittsburg, 1910), and Woosley Hall (Yale University, 1927) which is considered to be one of the most renowned symphonic organs in the world. Our parish’s organ has 3 Manuals, 23 ranks, and 1,481 pipes. The Pipe Organ has stood the test of time, reverberating its beauty in the church for over 90 years. Under the curation and care of the Peragallo Organ Company, it will accompany our celebrations for many years to come.
Our parish enjoys the warm, rich, deep and romantic sounds of our Estonia Grand Piano. Estonia piano became the prominent concert piano of the East dating back to the late 1700s, and continue the excellent tradition of expressive touch, tone and control today. In addition to weekly services, we welcome other artists and pianists to play this piano throughout the year by hosting Piano recitals and concerts.