top of page
Ss Peter & Paul is a Community rich in history and tradition. It is one of more than 210 Parishes that make up the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Newark. Our Parish provides for the spiritual and Faith Formation needs of countless people in our area for more than 131 years, within a religious and social context.
Ss Peter and Paul, Original Church
Originally organized to serve the many German immigrants living in Hudson County, the parish celebrated its first Mass in 1889, in the parlor of the current rectory.
Within two years, Ss Peter and Paul created a school and constructed the first church building. The strong foundation allowed the church to grow and by the late 1920’s, the now multi-ethnic parish needed more space to worship. The present day church was dedicated on March 18, 1929. Over the next 35 years, the parish continued to thrive and in 1965, the present school building and convent were opened. Today the school building is home to an early childhood learning center and day care facility, while the convent area of the building houses some of our parish offices and meeting space.
A long way from its German roots, the parish now ministers not only to those who have been born and raised in Hoboken, but to the young adults and many new families who now call Hoboken their home.
bottom of page